Can you guide me which digital camera best for my

danielstallon 08:04 20 Feb 09

Hey guys,

This is my fist time in this forum, and I am really exited. I'm a beginner photographer and I'm thinking in buying my first canon camera. Most of what I do is portrait, Wedding and fashion photography and I'm still confused which canon camera should i buy. My options are EOS 40D, EOS 450D. Please let me know which one do you think is the best camera for me? My friend refer me one site provides for a href="click here">digital camera reviews /a>. Also, what kind of lenses you recommend would be better to get for this camera?

Kemistri 14:15 20 Feb 09

If you really just do portraiture, weddings and fashion, you should be picking up a 5D Mk.I if you can find one. If not, either buy used or wait for the Mk.II to drop a bit. The 40D is excellent (it's my backup body) but if I was serious about your kind of photography instead of action, I would have a 5, no question.

hssutton 16:27 20 Feb 09

Well first of all the 40D is far superior to the 450D and looks far more professional than the 450D. Having said that the 450D takes very good photos.

I do very little wedding or portrait photography, but my line up which is excellent for the above is the 5D + 24-70 f/2.8 and the 70-200 f/2.8 with the 30D as backup camera. The unfortunate part of this setup is the cost, each lens retails for around the £1000 mark

MCE2K5 20:56 20 Feb 09

click here=

Or should we call you Mark Peterson click here

His Website alatest DOT com click here

Come on Guys, Smell the Coffee before Drinking it.

Kemistri 21:43 20 Feb 09

MCE2K5, do you really think that anyone apart from you is going to search the net for identical forum posts before responding to a question? I can appreciate your zeal in spotting the frequent DRM related cr@p that we see around here, and it's good that you are so attentive, but some of us actually answer questions and do so in good faith. And don't tell me to "smell the coffee" - that is a really annoying buzz-phrase.

MCE2K5 22:01 20 Feb 09

Somebody got out of bed the wrong side tonight.

Thanks for that, Each to his/her own.

Forum Editor 22:44 20 Feb 09

that telling people to "smell the coffee" is about the most irritating of trendy phrases. In America, where the saying originated, you hardly ever hear anyone using it now.

We're grateful to those who answer questions in good faith, and we certainly wouldn't want anyone to feel that they have to constantly think about whether a post is spam or not before responding. We'll handle whatever spam comes our way, and not allow it to dominate our lives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…