Can anyone recommend a laptop TV tuner

Jake_027 21:31 30 Dec 06

That is USB or PCMCIA and works withing the XPMCE interface? I had a look at a couple

click here

click here

click here

It's to go with

click here

Thanks,

Jake

Al94 21:44 30 Dec 06

I have the Freecom DVB-T USB Stick, don't use it all that often but provided you have a good freeview aerial plugged in (the supplied one is useless) it works very well, integrates with XP media edition no problem.

Jake_027 21:28 01 Jan 07

Both have good customer reviews and are also reviewed online see:click here

So either

click here

Or

click here

Which would be better?

Thanks

Jake

spacecadet 18:50 04 Jan 07

yep ive got this one or should i say had,
the casing seems quite clunky/poorly assembled and the usb connection piece wobbly,never felt like it was secure or sitting snugly in the usb port.
The length/weight seemed to cause it to drop at one end.
The supplied aerial would pick up signal outside in direct sight of the transmittor,cant comment on what its like hooked up to rooftop aerial as i have cable tv at home.
when i did get picture it was crisp and clear,also beware of the recording/timeshift feature as you will need decent processor speed & as i was hooking up to laptop i would need a pretty high end piece of kit(laptop) to get the best use.
also note make sure you can hook up to rooftop aerial and can recieve freeview as this doesnt recieve the analogue signal and finally....

it bit the dust (my fault)
i was walking round the office trying it with supplied aerial on top of bookshelves/filing cabinets when momentarily lost concentration and the aerial fell to the floor bending the usb connection and caput!not working anymore

silliw 13:59 14 Jan 07

I have tried a number of the USB sticks including the MSI Megasky which I am currently using. I think that they are all very fragile and at the moment I am looking at installing a permanent pci card in my dsktop. The only advantage with the usb stick is that it is portable and can be used on the laptop as well. I live only 3 miles from the sutton Coldfeild transmitter and still have to use the external aerial in order to get a signal, forget the mini aerial they supply. there are a number of drivers available on the MSI site for the Megasky dependant upon how your laptop identifies the unit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009