Camera flash not working.

MuDelta 11:51 06 Mar 08

The flash on my Fuji finepix 602 Z has stopped working. Two questions:-

1 Can it be repaired/replaced?
2 Is it worth it? The camera is quite an old model; even if it can be fixed it might be more prudent to buy a new one.

Advice please.

anchor 14:37 06 Mar 08

Personally I would not even think about a repair. The cost will most probably be at least equal to, or perhaps more, than a new camera.

Your model has only 3.1Mpixels, which is almost antediluvian these days, when at least 7Mp or the norm.

anchor 14:51 06 Mar 08

I meant to say: when at least 7Mp IS the norm.

I bought the Panasonic DMC-FZ8 last August, and the results are really outstanding.

click here

Now available from £161.

click here

Stuartli 16:07 06 Mar 08

Have you checked that the flash setting has not been inadvertently changed in the menu or mode configuration?

MuDelta 16:28 06 Mar 08

Stuartli,

Yes, I checked twice before posting! It is bust.

MuDelta 16:33 06 Mar 08

Anchor,

Thanks for your comments; as I thought, probably not worth it. I wonder if anyone thinks otherwise.

Stuartli 17:00 06 Mar 08

A bit of Googling suggests that "external" flash might be switched to "on" (presumably meaning the use of a separate flash gun).

You could splash out on a new model and keep the Fuji for run of the mill daylight pix - or give it to someone to learn about digital photography (but not flash photography!)

MuDelta 18:20 06 Mar 08

Stuartli,
There is no "external flash". Thanks for the thought.
I am going to splash out!

BT 08:01 07 Mar 08

As Stuartli says, if External flash is enabled in the menus, even if you are not using one, the built in flip up flash won't work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac