Camera Advice

archer85 16:56 04 Aug 07

Hi,

I am looking to buy a new camera and have narrowed it down to one of the following -

Casio EX-Z1050 (£120)

Samsung S1050 (£135)

Ricoh Capilo R5 (£140)

Pentax Option A30 (159.99)

Which would you recommend and why. i was going to pick the Casio because of the good quality, features and price. Anti-blur is a must and a large a screen as possible. thanks

Stuartli 17:07 04 Aug 07

I would have said the Canon A710 at around £150 but they are getting very scarce now - not surprising in view of the specification.

^wave^ 11:35 05 Aug 07

i would look around places like camerbox they do very good deals try price grabber. as for the camera difficult to say what do you need it for

archer85 09:07 06 Aug 07

Thanks for the reply.

i am looking for just a 'point and shoot' camera really - just for taking the usual holiday, faimly pictures etc.

Stuartli 09:27 06 Aug 07

Then you only need to spend about half that sum.

Visit all the usual suspects - Dabs, e-Buyer, Novatech, Scan, Amazon etc.

You'll find plenty of £70-£90 or so 5, 6 and 7 MP cameras from top brands that are ideal "point and shoot" cameras.

Stuartli 09:28 06 Aug 07

Scroll through these for an idea:

click here

archer85 09:50 06 Aug 07

Thanks i will do.

For there price though would you recommend the Casio or the Samsung i lave listed above? are they good quality camera.

anchor 10:47 06 Aug 07

Having had a quick scan through the reviews of the models you quoted, I personally would certainly go for the Pentax Optio A30.

click here

click here

Stuartli 10:45 07 Aug 07

If you can get the Casio for £120 (cheapest I've found is £137.50), then seems to be well worthwhile in view of its specifications:

click here

e-Buyer is asking the same price, including free delivery, for a slightly lower specification Casio, the EX-Z850:

click here

v1asco 12:04 07 Aug 07

click here

will take you to the PCA review of the Fuji Z5FD

It has anti-blur button on camera, no fiddling with menu and loads of features, such as continuous shot, first 3, last 3, face detection and comes in silver, brown and raspberry.

I got the silver for £150 from Boots. It is less than that if you take advantage points.

Very neat and very point & shoot. Large screen. the 2gb xd disc was £18 (inc p&p)from picstoclick here and that was ordered 3 pm and was delivered next day.

If anything the camera may be to small!

Enjoy your shopping and please let us know what you get.

Bugle

v1asco 12:05 07 Aug 07

sorry, that should have been

Picstop

click here

bugle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…