camcorder to pc problem

tony60 17:03 PM 14 May 11

my new pc does not have a firewire port.(packardbell imedia d3524 uk), i would like to copy some mini tapes from my canon digital vidio camcorder(mv700i)on to it , i have a firewire cable with i think 6pin at the pc end and 4pin at the camera end ,is there any other way of doing it.tony

tony60 18:51 PM 14 May 11

Firewire IEEE 1394 6 Pin, Female to USB Male Adaptor Convertor, have you ever see one of these,will it do the job,tony

bremner 19:33 PM 14 May 11
  tony60 12:10 PM 15 May 11

yes,the one on amazon.i am suprised they are still selling it if it does not work

wholesale handbags 11:15 AM 16 May 11

This beautifully designed white designer handbags was conceived and crafted in Italy. Very charming and stylish for any occasion. There are a limited number of pieces available for this wholesale handbags, so don't lose your chance to own one of the most sought-after cheap designer handbags to your personal collection. wholesale designer handbags new with tags, 93%-cotton, 7%-elastane?Welcome to our discount designer handbags store. Have a good handbags for you !

lotvic 11:55 AM 16 May 11

wholesale handbags is SPAMMER, hopefully FE will look at his Profile and delete all of his posts

hastelloy 11:01 AM 17 May 11

Before I switched to a camcorder using sdhc cards I used to record from the camcorder onto a DVD using a DVD recorder. Files can then be transferred to PC very easily - drag & drop or copy & paste.

tony60 16:47 PM 17 May 11

thank everybody, tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know