Camcorder to Pc

hunted 19:45 27 Jul 09

We have a JVC mini dv camcorder, we have some recordings on tape & would like it to work on our laptop. The camcorder has this i link socket (4 pin) & the laptop also has 4 pin 1394 socket, so went out & bought this firewire 4 to 4 pin wire, connected it up but the laptop is not recognising the camcorder. The laptop is a toshiba sat pro u400 153 & the camcorder is a jvc grd 93. Any advice would be appreciated.

BRYNIT 23:45 27 Jul 09

From the JVC web site on connecting Video cam to PC click here Number 8 on the list. This may tell you if you have got the correct cable.

If you do not have the manual for instructions click here

On Computer if you click on start/help and support type in import video go to number 4 on the list it should help you.

Windows Movie maker should allow you to import videos.

Did you follow the instruction from the manual on connecting to computer.

Kevscar1 01:18 28 Jul 09

If it,s tape computer won,t recognise it. You have to import through Movie maker or another program.

hastelloy 09:12 28 Jul 09

you can record to DVD direct from the camcorder.

hunted 19:58 28 Jul 09

I do have a manual but unfortunately there's very little info regarding using the camcorder with a pc. The manual states its a 4 pin socket & my toshiba laptop also has a 4 pin socket. I did follow the instructions on how to connect camcorder to pc, but like i said its mainly pictorial images & just a bit of text. I dont have no dvd recorder yet & yes the recordings are on mini dv tapes.

BRYNIT 21:19 28 Jul 09

If I remember correctly, plug cable into computer/camcorder. open Windows movie maker.

Switch on camcorder setting power switch to play mode and press lock button.

Pressing the play video should go to computer.

You may have to click on file/import from video camcorder in movie maker.

hunted 21:41 28 Jul 09

When i click onto 'import from digital video camera' i get the following message ' import video could not find a compatible digital video device. Verify that the digital video device is properly connected & turned on'.

ArrGee 22:06 07 Aug 09
  hunted 15:41 08 Aug 09

Thanks might have to give this alternative a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…