Buying a sky+ box.

John B 15:33 11 Aug 08

I have a standard sky box and a basic sky package. If I buy a sky+ box privately do I have to tell sky and will I have to pay them anything?

Thanks

John

^wave^ 16:06 11 Aug 08

yes need to have a twin lnb

^wave^ 16:06 11 Aug 08

yes need to have a twin lnb

^wave^ 16:07 11 Aug 08

sorry about double post double clicked mouse by mistake

John B 16:26 11 Aug 08

Is it likely that the twin lnb will just slot straight in the arm on the existing dish and without realignment?

^wave^ 16:34 11 Aug 08

yes i think so i upgraded and all they did was put in a new lnb and paired the card

John B 17:02 11 Aug 08

I assume the 'pairing' is just a quick call to sky?

dms_05 09:02 13 Aug 08

Sky have some really good offers for existing customers. You can probably get a Sky+ box and new LNB installed by Sky for less than buying second hand and installing your own LNB/coax (plus get a 12 month warranty and the latest spec Sky+ box with larger HDD). Look at the Sky website before you buy.

John B 17:53 13 Aug 08

I'll have a look at the sky website.

howard64 09:00 17 Aug 08

when I got my Sky+ from Sky last year all they did was take the card from my existing box and put it in the + box. It worked with no other alterations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…