Burning MP3 files to DVD

polo 20:18 10 Feb 06

My first attempt at ripping tracks from my CDs and creating MP3 and WMA files and burning them to blank CDs was successful. Suddenly I found that the track information was no longer appearing in the right-hand column of WMPlayer and it was just saying album 'unknown' and track 1, track 2, etc. I have looked at 'help' and as a result have been on the internet and have brought up a window giving me all the album information but I cannot find out how to transfer this information to the right-hand column of the WMPlayer and hence on to the blank discs which I am attempting to burn. It would be most helpful if anybody could give me some advice on this. Hope I have explained the situation adequately. Thanks

polo 23:40 14 Feb 06

Gosh nobody got a thing to say about this!

DrScott 15:31 17 Feb 06

Most software will maintain the ID3 tags, and that is the information that should come up. iTunes works for me.

Also when you're ripping your CDs, you need to input or dl the track names - iTunes again does this providing your connected to the net.

dms05 08:07 18 Feb 06

Likewise WMP enters the details - if you are connected to the net, otherwise it is manual entry for manually ripped CD's. So the answer is 'don't rip CD's unless connected to the net' otherwise you will have to enter the details yourself.

polo 10:08 18 Feb 06

Thanks for your responses but I did say this in my original post:- 'I have looked at 'help' and as a result have been on the internet and have brought up a window giving me all the album information but I cannot find out how to transfer this information to the right-hand column of the WMPlayer and hence on to the blank discs which I am attempting to burn'.
Anyway I think I have now solved the problem by reinstalling Windows Media Player and it works OK with the information coming up where it should. Thanks

DrScott 11:55 18 Feb 06

And that's why I suggested using something like iTunes which maintains ID3 tags (though WMP should do to)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…