Burning CD's

Doober 11:12 16 Apr 06

I have I-Tunes, Nero and Windows Media Player. I am a bit new to burning CD's. I have some tunes from I-Tune and also some from Limewire. I want to make CD's but of the best possible quality. Can someone tell me the best way to download and burn high quality digital files onto CD using the software I already have? Thanks

Forum Editor 13:28 16 Apr 06

your files are legally obtained - and they will have been if you downloaded from iTunes - you can burn CDs from withing the iTunes interface. Just create a playlist, put a blank CD in your drive and click the 'burn' icon at top right of the iTunes window. The software will do the rest.

Doober 16:52 16 Apr 06

thanks for that. I have just burned my first CD!!! However, the first 7 tracks are fine but the remaining 13 have a crackle all over them which makes them unlistenable?!?! Any ideas what went wrong? thanks

Doober 16:53 16 Apr 06

PS - I used i-tunes (sorry!)

Do the files that crackle play ok when played from the computer?

If so try reducing the write speed when burning the CD and make sure all non neccisery programs are closed while its burning the CD

Forum Editor 23:34 16 Apr 06

of CD burning in iTunes, and I've never experienced any crackling sounds. It's a good idea to let the computer do the burning without the CPU having to process anything else whilst it's handling the data stream, so don't use your machine during the process.

Doober 10:26 17 Apr 06

thanks guys. to answer, the files play fine when played within i-tunes so the original files are not corrupt. I am going to try and burn them again at a slower speed. Can anyone tell me how to burn at a slower speed within i-tunes? thanks.

Forum Editor 18:12 17 Apr 06

in iTunes, go to edit/prefences/advanced/burning and select your speed from the drop-down menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…