Burned DVD plays badly on domestic DVD player

Salamander7 18:08 28 May 14

I have just burned some home movie footage from my Panasonic camcorder. When I play it on our domestic DVD player it jumps about and freezes from time to time. The colours are slightly wrong as well. The DVD runs fine on my laptop (not the machine used to burn it). Any ideas? It is very frustrating. The PC used for burning was an Asus desktop using Win 8 with an Intel I5 processor and loads of memory. The software used was Panasonic HD Writer LE 1.1. It was the latest version.

alanrwood 19:43 28 May 14

Try cleaning the laser. It might work but my guess is that the recording quality is poor or the laser alignment between recorder and player are at opposite ends of the tolerance range.

Salamander7 22:05 28 May 14

I really appreciate your response.

I must admit the DVD player is getting on a bit but has been fine up till now, we dont use it much. I was wondering if it was software issue. Panasonic HD Writer LE 1.1 was not meant for Win 8 and when I installed it I got a message saying it might not work, though the burn process was trouble free. I have burned DVDs from the same camera using an old Win XP computer which run ok on the domestic player in question. I did not use the old machine this time because it is slow and I have shiny new Pentium I5. I guess the DVD burner on the old machine is more aligned with my old domestic DVD player.

So my options are: 1. Buy a new DVD player 2. Burn the DVD again using the old machine. One thing I might try before the above is burning the DVD using Nero software just to see if it makes any difference. What do you think? Could it be software or are the symptoms I am getting only associated with a laser alignment/dirt issue?

mart7 23:51 28 May 14

Burn the dvd with Nero,if it works and plays correctly its the Panasonic software

mole1944 06:17 29 May 14

Or try putting it on a memory stick if it would fit.

Salamander7 16:32 29 May 14

Burned disc again using Nero. Plays fine on laptop but freezes and breaks up on the domestic player. I guess the laser on my new computer is not quite in sync with DVD player. New DVD player will be bought. Hmm..... I think I know whats going to happen: new DVD player still wont play. I'll let you know what happens.

Salamander7 16:32 29 May 14

Burned disc again using Nero. Plays fine on laptop but freezes and breaks up on the domestic player. I guess the laser on my new computer is not quite in sync with DVD player. New DVD player will be bought. Hmm..... I think I know whats going to happen: new DVD player still wont play. I'll let you know what happens.

Salamander7 16:33 29 May 14

mart7 17:05 29 May 14

Try the nero disc if possible in a friends dvd player

alanrwood 19:26 29 May 14

I agree with Mart7. It is not yet a proven case.

alanrwood 19:27 29 May 14

Try CDBurnerXP. It works in Win 7 despite the name and it is free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac