In built Freeview

dan1611 14 Nov 10

HI
I am planning on getting a HD 15" Tv to act more as a monitor for my husbnads PS3. The TV comes with built in Freeview Tuner. In order for him to access the Channels on Freeview what will he need. The TV will be situated away from the other TV etc, we have a secondary analogue ariel upstairs.
Any help gratefully received.

BRYNIT 14 Nov 10

Just plug aerial into TV and auto-tune. Most aerials should be able to receive a reasonable freeview signal.

If its an old cable I would check it for any damage especially external cables as they tend to rot/crack allowing water in and reducing the signal.

Terry Brown 14 Nov 10

If it is a poor signal (losing signal or breaking up), get a booster about £10 to cure the problem.
Terry

morddwyd 15 Nov 10

A poor signal is a poor signal, and a booster will simply boost the faults along with everything else.

A booster is good for boosting a weak signal, not a poor one.

They are not one and the same.

dan1611 15 Nov 10

Thanks everyone for your help. This has answered my query completely so thanks very much.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message