Bluetooth Connection to Car System

Bing.alau 11:45 AM 05 Nov 12

I have a Nokia 6700 slide mobile phone. It was supplied by Virgin Mobile on a 24 monthly contract. I have been using it for about three years and everything has been o.k. However recently it stopped connecting by Bluetooth to my car's system. The car dealer tested other mobiles in the car and they worked fine so it is definitely the phone which has become faulty.

Virgin have tried to sell me another deal with another phone which would cost a lot more of course as it is a better phone. But what I want to know is. Can the present phone I am using be fixed? I only need the mobile in the car and of course it is still usable but not through the handsfree Bluetooth system.

Or would it be better for me to buy a cheap (Bluetooth capable) pay as you go phone and use it for in the car only? If so can anybody on here recommend one please?

tullie 16:19 PM 05 Nov 12

I wonder if you returned the phone to factory settings,would it make a difference?

Bing.alau 16:35 PM 05 Nov 12

tullie. Thanks for your reply, but how do I try that? I still have the original box and the instruction booklet so I will read through that later tonight (after Pointless of course).

tullie 11:51 AM 06 Nov 12

Good luck,let us know.

Quickbeam 22:53 PM 06 Nov 12

I'm with Virgin and I'm surprised if you can't get a New 24 month contract with either more minutes for the dame cost, or half the cost for the same minutes.

For phones check out eBay, there's loads of unused contract renewal phones for sale.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know