Big Brother (or who knows whats in the box!!!

Sethhaniel 10:56 18 Jan 06

click here

Makes you wonder ;)

PaulB2005 11:08 18 Jan 06

Eh Links to a page to send e-mail to BBC.

Sethhaniel 11:23 18 Jan 06

click here

Hopfully right link this time ;)

Forum Editor 15:19 18 Jan 06

they're monitoring everything we watch, and sending details back to a secret GCHQ team so the government knows what we're all up to.

Must be that, mustn't it?

Sethhaniel 15:43 18 Jan 06

"This is a real one-off as digital boxes only receive signals.
"They shouldn't be sending out signals, let alone maydays.
"The householder was happy to hand it over to our engineers who are trying to get to the bottom of the defect."

But will we get to know - or will it all go quiet and dissapear!!!

mole44 23:02 18 Jan 06

has none one heard of Eschelon,huge intelligence gathering operation,UK/usa/canada/new zealand are involved and i think so are australia.i believe ALL phone/net traffic monitored.

Forum Editor 00:18 19 Jan 06

I'm afraid there's a great deal of rubbish talked about Echelon.

It is indeed a hugely powerful tool, and yes, it 'sniffs' millions of emails a day for signs of terrorist activity, but the widely-held belief that all net traffic and all phone calls are 'monitored' is misguided.

Routine monitoring of telephone calls is not carried out, and couldn't be carried out. Neither could proper monitoring of emails. What happens is that software watches email traffic for specific keywords and combinations of keywords. It also looks for alpha-numeric groupings and uses algorithmic analysis to check for messages that might be encoded.

No emails are read by human operators unless the software flags them as suspect.

We can all rest easy, knowing that our latest Tesco home delivery order isn't being pored over by men in black.

Sethhaniel 14:42 19 Jan 06

this has happened - it has been reported by trustworthy sources - 'BBC' & Military -
And unless the 'digi box' was of some spurious foreign import - it would have to be one of the mass produced assembly line models - which is in the majority of homes around the country - it doesn't need a degree in electronics to realize that something mass produced to receive - should not be sending - (14 million to 1 chance)
I now await (with not much faith) the outcome of the tests. ;)

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:53 19 Jan 06

This is the end of the world. No one is safe or has any secrets...we are doomed. we are all be monitored 24/7. I shall now go and check for reds under my bed.

G

Sethhaniel 15:28 19 Jan 06

GANDALF <|:-)>
just check out the little mole on the back of your neck ;)

mole44 20:00 19 Jan 06

oops been rumbled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now