The best value for money LCD ...

bobcat01 15:34 15 Nov 06

Hi Guys,

We all read reviews in the various magazines on different screens and all form our own opinions.

So I thought it would be cool to start a general best value for money LCD thread taking into account Features/Inputs/Price/Picture quality.

I would like to start with the Acer AT2605-DTV - Surprisingly crisp and sharp pictures, with amzaing connectivity - 3 x Scart, 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI, 2 x Composite, 1 x Component, 1 x S Video. Integrated Freeview and HD Ready. Best price on price comparision sites £519.98.

Not the most sexy looking, nor the best brand name - but still good value for.

Over to everyone ... discuss ....

Mr Mistoffelees 10:08 16 Nov 06

£469.98 from Dabs.

De Marcus™ 10:17 16 Nov 06

Samsung LE40R74BDX £970.00 from AJ electronics.

I paid a few hundred more less than 2 months ago from ebuyer :-(

Stuartli 10:22 16 Nov 06

>>I paid a few hundred more less than 2 months ago from ebuyer :-(>>

This is, of course, the difficulty in nominating any set for recognition - prices keep tumbling almost on a daily basis.

De Marcus™ 10:39 16 Nov 06

Agreed.

And if a recent article I read is right, prices will tumble even further near and after xmas as the LCD panel makers are expected to make huge cuts in prices.

I'm not bitter, honestly....

Dellman 13:32 16 Nov 06

Please see below discussion thread for a good deal at Currys.

click here

bobcat01 13:56 17 Nov 06

Stuartli

Agreed.

And if a recent article I read is right, prices will tumble even further near and after xmas as the LCD panel makers are expected to make huge cuts in prices.

I'm not bitter, honestly....

Hi - Do you have a link to this article at all please? Might help to contirbute to this thread ...

Thanks!

De Marcus™ 14:09 17 Nov 06

click here

and

click here

Second link isn't quite as releveant but none the less makes for interesting reading regarding LCD/plasma TV's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos