the best free panoramic view creation program?

theDarkness 02:24 16 Nov 08

Im wondering if anyone has tried one out before, the program will join a selection of your similar photographs together, and you are then able to look around the image, possibly being able to look up or down slightly, or turn 360 degrees, giving a close to 3d effect? I am wondering if anyone can recommend anything. thanks

anchor 09:14 16 Nov 08

I have made quite a lot of moving panoramas using various panorama making programmes. Some are 360`s; others partial panoramas. They move using a java applet.

None are perfect for every series of pictures, and none give a 3D effect. Two I suggest you have a look at, (1) Pixmaker and (2) Photovista.

There is a technique when taking photos that should be employed to get a satisfactory panorama; (more about that later if you wish).

Here is an example of a 360 degree panorama

click here

Here is a partial panorama, about 300 degrees.

click here

Come back if you have problems in viewing it.

theDarkness 18:25 16 Nov 08

thanks, i will try those programs out! :)

anchor 10:33 17 Nov 08

Let us know how you get on. My first choice for making a panorama is Pixmaker; it works for the majority of panos.

Some tips:

click here

Xavier 14:58 21 Nov 08

Two more for you to look at:
Microsoft Research/Image Composite Editor
and
Microsoft Photosynth.
Both available FOC by a search from the Microsoft website.
Enjoy!

anchor 15:29 22 Nov 08

Xavier: Both of these are new to me. MS PhotoSynth is really not for novices, but MS Image Composite editor is good, free, and easy to use.

Download for MS Composite editor

click here

Thanks for the info.

six-h 00:04 03 Dec 08

Bookmarked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…