Best budget printer

smiiithy2009 14:39 PM 05 Oct 10
Answered

Hi guys,

I am looking for some help. I need a sub £80 printer and have been looking at the Kodak ESP 3250. The cost effectiveness of ink appeals greatly to me. The printer will go in the same room as my ethernet/wifi router and a network facility would be beneficial but not essential.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Mike

Chris the Ancient 15:36 PM 05 Oct 10

The down side...

It only has one colour cartridge. So, if you run out of one colour only, you need to buy a complete cartridge and waste the part used colours.

Kevscar1 08:04 AM 06 Oct 10

I,ve run epsons for 15 yrs. Cheap, most compatible cartridges will print good colour A4 photgraphs. 6 different cartridges so you only pay for what needs replacing.

Chris the Ancient 09:32 AM 06 Oct 10

Like Kevscar, I have been using Epson printers for quite few years. And for the same reason.

Although I think they are going down in popularity a bit, I buy cartridges form Choice Stationery and they work fine (only had one fail in the last four years).

jack 10:39 AM 06 Oct 10

say this because of recent resurrected old posts winding up with a recommendation for the machine mentioned and extensive TV advertising of late.
For my part as high quality colour printing is not an imperative to me - I have dumped inkjet for a modest colour laser- It has been in service now for 12 months and the toner indicator is just beginning to move down the bar[Still better than 90% to go]

Chris the Ancient 12:40 PM 06 Oct 10

I don't see this one as spam.

a) It is not an old, resurrected post.

b) The guy concerned has asked what I feel to be a valid question.

c) Kevscar and myself have been contributing to this forum for quite a long time and have offered quite valid suggestions - as indeed you have.

So why do you see this as spam?

smiiithy2009 17:48 PM 06 Oct 10

I have resurrected the post after taking the age old advice of 'try the search button first'. I'm actually looking for alternatives that might offer network printing at a similar price.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, would be grateful for any more.

jack 18:11 PM 06 Oct 10

also to Chris the ancient and Kevscar
It just seemed odd thats all because there have been a flurry of such old posts of late- but as Smithy2009 says that's what you get when one does a seacrh'
Witness the one about self adhesive paper in a laser in recent days
I shall now go and sit in the corner

Chris the Ancient 09:55 AM 07 Oct 10

Accepted.

smiiithy2009 19:11 PM 07 Oct 10

So back to the point, what printer can I get that is under £80 and has network printing with similar spec to the Kodak? Or what printer/wifi usb combo can I get for a similar price?

Kevscar1 04:52 AM 08 Oct 10

Need some more info to make recommendations. Are you going to be printing lots of photos in which case you need 6 colour or mainly documnets 4 colour will do. Do you want all in one. Don't like them myself but some people need the space saving they give.

Epson special offers. click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED