BBC Freesat Olympic Channels

muddypaws 08:01 AM 21 Jun 12

If anyone has a Humax box the BBC are testing their Olympic channels on 10921 : syymbol rate 22000 and Polarisation H.

Only test cards at the moment.

Thre is more info here:

muddypaws 08:02 AM 21 Jun 12

Must check typing before sending!!

ams4127 12:10 PM 21 Jun 12

Thanks for that, I'll give it a look this evening.

One thing, Have you discovered how to use the USB port on the Humax? I can find no mention of it in the instructions. Doesn't seem to read anything I put into it.

muddypaws 16:42 PM 21 Jun 12

Not sure if I have used it. Will have a try.

Meanwhile from the Humax forum: Humax

ams4127 22:24 PM 21 Jun 12

Cheers muddypaws

So I'm wrong on two points! I was trying a 16GB drive and it was formatted NTFS.

I'll do some fiddling this weekend and see what happens.

Thanks again.

muddypaws 15:31 PM 23 Jun 12

I have just plugged an 8gb Sandisk into the front socket full of my mp3s and it works OK. Don't think I have tried the USB socket before--I usually plug into either the TV or my theatre system.

How are you doing?

ams4127 17:26 PM 23 Jun 12

Same as you! Got it to play music on 8GB Lexar USB stick formatted to FAT 32.

Just going to try to play a movie. I'll let you know what, if anything, happens!

ams4127 17:42 PM 23 Jun 12

No I didn't. Complete disaster! No music - no nothing. I've got the stick correctly formatted and a movie on it. How do I find how to tune in the USB port? - if you understand what I mean.

ams4127 18:02 PM 23 Jun 12

OK. This appears to be the definitive answer - you can't. The USB port on the rear of the Humax Freesat box was intended for software/firmware updates if the auto updating wasn't working.

On the newer boxes (Mk2?), some people have been using it to record programmes to HDD or Stick in conjunction with the inbuilt recording facility.

Oh well, back to drawing board! Cheers Muddypaws....

muddypaws 18:14 PM 23 Jun 12

'How do I find how to tune in the USB port? - if you understand what I mean'.

No idea!

Will try some different formats to-morrow.

muddypaws 09:21 AM 25 Jun 12

Further update re Olympics:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…