Bad transfer quality Xiaomi Yi 4K

Jules1997 08:40 10 Mar 17

Hi guys

I have an Xiaomi Yi 4k and when I want to transfer the video's from my camera to my pc, I lose a lot of quality. I can't play them in the quality i have on my camera. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks, Jules

Secret-Squirrel 10:30 10 Mar 17

.........I lose a lot of quality. I can't play them in the quality i have on my camera.

What resolution are you recording the videos in and what is the resolution of your PC's display? If, for example, you're recording 4K video and viewing them on a full-HD screen then you will lose roughly 75% of the original detail.

Jules1997 10:58 10 Mar 17

I'm watching in a 13.3-inch, 1,920 x 1,080 IPS display and recorded them in 4k? You know how to fix this?

Secret-Squirrel 16:59 10 Mar 17

To view 4K content you'll need a 4K display - either a 4K TV or a computer screen with 4K resolution.

Your computer's screen can only display 1920 x 1080 pixels while 4K's definition is 4096 x 2160 pixels, so like I said earlier, you're losing roughly 75% of the original content's detail.

Secret-Squirrel 08:47 11 Mar 17

Jules, I've been thinking a bit more about your problem and even though your laptop screen's resolution is only 1920 X 1080, your videos should still look stunning on a (tiny) 13.3" screen.

If you're running a Windows laptop then right-click on one of the video files, select "Properties", click the "Details" tab and let me know what it says for "Frame height" and "Frame width" in the "Video" section.

Lastly, how are you transferring the videos to your laptop? Is it perhaps via WiFi or are you simply taking the SD card out of the camera and inserting it into your laptop?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes