Backup your Camera

kricky 15:20 30 Aug 07

We Have a Sony HDR-SR7E Camcorder and are wondering if there is a product out their, that when on the move we can connect the camera to and backup the pictures and videos from that day or week. Also even use it as extra storage so instead of havin 18 hours of record time we could download all our footage, and start again. We have looked into the Memory Stick Duo cards Which the camcorder does take, but the Price is a factor, like 8Gb for 100£. At that rate it will take 8 of these to backup/download all the footage, and at the price we be able to buy a second camcorder for that..... Anyway Hope yous can help.. Thanks:)

ventanas 16:16 30 Aug 07

Portable storage is never cheap. You may like something like this click here

But it will cost a few hundred pounds, as will most things in this line.

hssutton 20:48 30 Aug 07

There are plenty of portable hard drives on the market, my 20Gb cost me £80, you can now buy such as the Jobo Giga 1 40gb £100 or the 80gb at £140 click here

kricky 22:06 30 Aug 07

That Canon one looks great :) but I would say the price is more about the LCD Screen and Speakers plus software to Play/View your files. I wonder when it says USB 2 Connector will it be the Female A that your PC has to connect your Equipment or cannons own. As for the USB Hard Drives I already have a 360 GB Which I would gladly use but it has the Female B Connector, I have looked around for a cable that will let me go from the Sony 4pin to it but no avail :(
The only Option is that some of the drives on that site have Memory card slots which are well and good for Pictures but Videos might be outside the storage capacity of cards I already have. This is getting expensive lol
But thanks for all you help anyway, I really appreciate it :)
Cheers

hssutton 22:50 30 Aug 07

The only Option is that some of the drives on that site have Memory card slots which are well and good for Pictures but Videos might be outside the storage capacity of cards I already have. This is getting expensive lol

My thoughts exactly when I saw your post. I never take video, but do take my laptop with me when away from home. This gives me 200gb of storage.

jack 18:24 31 Aug 07

H S S has a valid point.
Assuming a laptop is not already in the possession of Kricky this is surely but a small step further and a much more useful item to have around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…