BACKING UP ITUNES PURCHASE

Brian the Snail 15:26 23 Feb 09

When I tried to back up a recent purchase onto CD I got the message - The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error occurred.

Can anyone help to resolve this, please?

john bunyan 16:29 23 Feb 09

Can you give a few more details - I assume you mean : In ITunes some m4p downloads would not burn to CD? - how many tracks did you try to burn etc. Do you have any other burning software other than iTunes? I sometimes use iTunes but also have Roxio Creator 2009 and use that as well. (XP, not sure about Vista)

Brian the Snail 17:05 23 Feb 09

I bought a CD from the iTunes store with 8 tracks. After buying it I had the option of backing it up by creating a playlist and then "Burn CD". It has worked OK in the past.

john bunyan 18:12 23 Feb 09

I assume this was a downloades CD ? If so not sure why it won't burn as individual tracks do.

Brian the Snail 21:43 23 Feb 09

Will try doing it by individual tracks.

Brian the Snail 21:30 24 Feb 09

I have checked on the files and they are "Protected AAC files" that I bought from iTunes. That is presumably the cause of the problem. I have not come across them before.

mole44 06:10 25 Feb 09

i just drag the whole itunes folder to another external drive,then it`s backed up.My ipod has 17,000 music tracks (all legal) and i`d hate to think what would hapen if i lost them all.Also google "Sharepod" this will help you backup your items on your ipod.hope this helps

Brian the Snail 12:32 25 Feb 09

Thanks. I have done the backup onto an external drive so I can sleep at night now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…