Auto select DVD input on LG TV?

Tim1964 00:02 19 Nov 08

Hi,

My in-laws have an LG LCD TV model 37LG3000 connected to a Sky+ box and a DVD via SCART leads into AV1 and AV2 on the TV.

Is there any way of connecting these up so that the TV automatically selects AV2 (DVD) when the DVD is turned on and to revert to AV1 (Sky input) when the DVD is turned off?

My Panasonic TV does this when connected to our Sky+ and DVDR.

I've had a look through the manual and it doesn't mention it.

I know they 'only' have to press Input> AV2> OK but having written it down twice and explained to them over the phone for 5 mins they're still not getting it !!

Thanks

anddy123 03:51 21 Nov 08

[b]If you want to rip a DVD on Windows/Mac, put your video on your iPod/PSP/Zune/iPhone…on Windows/Mac, converter video to DVD on Mac, the following are some useful tools I have found and you can download them to have a try.[/b]
Best DVD Ripper click here
Mac DVD Ripper click here
Best Video Converter click here
Mac Video Converter click here
Mac DVD Creator click here

laurie53 10:41 21 Nov 08

I don't think so.

The AV select signal is sent when the device e.g. Sky box, is switched on.

In most cases I have come across you have to switch one off and then switch the other, the DVD on.

Tim1964 18:44 21 Nov 08

anddy123 ???????????

Laurie53,

I might see about an 'auto' SCART switcher that detects the powering on of the DVD. A bit over the top but it has to be very, very easy for them to use. In this case it would be automatic so they shouldn't be able to get confused with it. :D

Stuartli 11:18 22 Nov 08

Appears to be a spot of advertising from anddy123.

Completely unrelated to the subject.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…