Auto record TV when receiving a skype call

jpmorganuk 15:53 PM 13 Nov 12

I want to be able to get Skype calls while watching TV. If my mates ring then I want the program I am watching to automatically be recorded so I don't miss it. How do I do this?

At home I have a pogoplug which I bought for DLNA streaming. It's not great as it only streams certain formats of movies. So I installed Serviio on my Mac. That works fine, especially for live streams, but the downside is the Mac has to be on for it to work, and I don't want to leave a computer on 24-7.

However, as I also want Skype in the living room, so this got me thinking about Android devices, perhaps a DLNA client with Skype, but then how do I get it to automatically record what I am watching when a call comes in?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nontek 09:47 AM 14 Nov 12

I don't think this can be done from within your PC/Skype etc - what you will need is something like BT Vision or Sky box which allows manipulating TV programs by recording fast-forwarding-playback etc. Google BT Vision and you will see what is possible (Sky will be similar).

chunhat1 13:23 PM 18 Nov 12
  jpmorganuk 08:58 AM 19 Nov 12

chunhat1's response is spam. Do not follow the link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…