Are SIM cards time or date limited.?

jack 18:24 02 Mar 08

My original Mobile phone died a couple of years ago- so I purchased its replacement and had the Card swapped over.
I do not in fact use it very often - it lays in the car unused and unloved-
So when I did come to dig it out and charge it up the original Vodaphone PAG was off- not surprising.
So I thought OK I'll put in the T Mobile that it came with with £10 worth of credit.
Did that- but it wont initialize.
So- Do they have a 'Sell-by' date would you think?

BT 08:35 03 Mar 08

My Vodaphone Pay as you go requires that you make or receive a call at least once every six months. This seems to include texts as well. Just call your home phone now and then to keep it working.
My old mobile is about 8/9 years old and like you I rarely use it and it is switched off most of the time. I just switch it on about once a week and charge it when necessary.
I think you can call Vodaphone and get the old Sim reactivated.

I too have a T Mobile Sim card (Freebie) but it won't work in my Vodaphone hand set, probably because the Vodaphone is locked to their Sim.

jack 11:55 03 Mar 08

I have just purchased a new Vodaphone card for a fiver and will activate it later.
Talking to the guy it seems that even an unused non activated card is time limited.
Any job done.
Wwill call my self weekly from now on- even if I have nothing to tell me ;-D

Stuartli 22:26 05 Mar 08

I have a Nokia mobile which is used purely for emergency use or to receive calls if I'm away from home.

I included a £10 Virgin PAYG voucher in August 2000 when I bought a Philips Savvy (replaced by the Nokia 3310 four years later); this voucher lasted almost to the time I got rid of the Savvy.

Since then I've had one more £10 voucher and this ran out just over a year ago, so I'm currently still using a £5 voucher which has just over £4 credit remaining.

Virgin uses the T-Mobile network and the credit remains no matter how little I use the phone or the period in between.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5