anyone know a free program to check mp3s after ripping from cd to avoid skipping?

theDarkness 04:29 14 Nov 08

I have used dbpoweramp and it is a good tool to convert albums to mp3 (i finally got it working by reinstalling windows, lol!). Back to the main point-I like the fact that it uses an 'accurate rip' online service to try and give an idea on how close my mp3 copies are to the original album, by comparing with other peoples files. This helps to try and avoid having files that skip.. I also like the fact that dbpoweramp uses error correction when ripping my album initially, to try and avoid similar skipping problems also. I am wondering if there are any free good cd to mp3 tools out there, that offer similar functions in the ripping or conversion process? seperate tools for each stage would be no fine if they did their job well and were not only offered on subscription with error checking, such as with dbpoweramp. thanks for any info! :)

MCE2K5 22:08 14 Nov 08

Always used Windows Media Player to Rip my CD's,
Never had a problem at all.

It can do Error Correction if you want it to,

Open WMP 11, Tools, Options, Devices, Click your CD/DVD Drive, Click Properties, In the Rip Section, Click the open Box (Put a tick in it) to Use Error Correction, Click OK then OK again, Thats it.

theDarkness 03:35 15 Nov 08

thanks. I used to use it alot but decided to change as i noticed some skipping in mp3 and wmp rips, even with error correction on. I think its no doubt due to having a poor drive. Ive just finished a trial of dbpoweramp, a good tool, but the error checking and comparison is not free, a subscription service. Perhaps the free error correction used with most rippers can still have potential flaws? Or jitter can still occur in the conversion process? I dont know. Ive been searching a while now, it seems EAC, exact audio copy, may be the best to use, which offers similar, and is supposedly completely free. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…