Anti Virus etc needed for an Android Phone?Advice please?

hiwatt 17:50 10 Feb 14

Hi folks both my girlfriend and I have got the same phone.It's a Samsung S3 mini.On hers under "Apps" there are lots of things there but she didn't download any of them.I think it was only Play Store she downloaded.(On mine there are none at all under "Apps" downloaded. Yesterday I uninstalled all of them(Took a while too)and this morning they are all back with various updated notifications? They are both running without any protection of any sort and I'm wonder if this could have anything to do with it. Although I am fairly competent on a computer and know how to keep it safe I am really new to smart phones and would really appreciate any help/advice on what best to install to keep it clean and "nasties" free. Thank you folks!

dms_05 10:10 11 Feb 14

Go to Google Play and type in the type of App you need. You will see some familiar names for PC users. Download you choice and let it install. If you've chosen well you will find the program will check new Apps and upgrades of existing Apps. I've run Android since v2.1 and have NEVER had anything detected by these sorts of programs but I suppose it depends upon what you do with your phones.

hiwatt 10:56 11 Feb 14

Just wondering so do you generally not need anti virus and the like on a smart phone?

matt2000 10:39 16 Feb 14

Android sort of needs AV. But others don't (as much) try Panda mobile antivirus or advanced mobile care.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…