anew digital slr which can anyone recommend

jeanandf 17:27 02 Mar 06

I have to buy a new camera to upgrade from Minolta A1 I am looking at a slr but do not know how to choose between Canon 350 D or Nikon . Weight is a problem but would like lens up to 105 mm at least ..help!

pc_sausage 18:25 02 Mar 06

Try:

click here

Good review site

hssutton 18:26 02 Mar 06

Both are very good camera's that will provide excellent results, but only you can decide which one. You need to go into a shop and handle both, choose the one that that you more comfortable with.

Both are very light so weight should not be a problem. The "Kit Lens" that you can buy at the same time is probably a little short at 18-55mm so buy the body only. Sigma do a rnge of lens for both cameras, but check out the 18-125mm F3.5 - 5.6 which gives you the range that you require.

If you decide to buy a camera + kit lens, then probably the Nikon is the way to go as the kit lens is far superior than Canons offering.

click here

jack 14:15 03 Mar 06

Canon Nikon seem to hold sway at the moment
Fuji of course but the Olmypus El/E300/E500
may be of interest to you.
I have just just swapped my Olympus E10[Fixed zoom lens SLR] for an E300 kit
How do I like it?
Dont know yet only had it a week- Initial thoughts are the the 8 Mega Pixel CDD is not a 'bright' as the
E10's 4 Megapixel- time will tell.

bfoc 07:58 04 Mar 06

A Nikon D70 and think it is wonderful. An excellent camera which produces great results. I chose it because, having a Nikon film SLR, I already had Nikon lenses.

I have a friend who uses Canon kit and when his film camera was stolen I recommended he went for a Canon as he still had some Canon attachments.

I would be surprised if you were disappointed with the quality of either camera, so as hssutton says it will probably come down to which camera you feel most comfortable using. So put aside some time to try them out in camera shop(s) and then decide.

HondaMan 13:41 04 Mar 06

a Minolta D7 for the past 12 months. It doesn't rate as a pro camera, but I and many other users find it great. Look here click here where you will find many owners all all cameras and reviews of them and here click here and you will find many, many supporters.

mikef. 15:30 05 Mar 06

Another new SLR getting good reviews is the Olympus E500 double zoom which seems very good value for money click here

jeanandf 08:49 06 Mar 06

Thank you all for your comments . I have looked at the specs. for the Olympus ,and like the sound of it....has anyone used it?

hssutton 09:36 06 Mar 06

I know a few people who use the Oly and are quite pleased with it, however the four-thirds lens system seems to be it's major drawback. due to lack of, or very expensive lens available. However Sigma have announced the release of 5 4/3rds lenses.

As for Minolta, since the takeover by Sony who knows what the future is.

The major camera manufacturers, with the exception of Canon & Nikon are either merging with or being taken over by the electronic giants. So my thoughts for what they are worth, are stick with the top two.

However if you are into hi-tech, look into buying the Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 with "Live Preview" a very exciting inovation for a DSLR. to be released later this year

jack 12:08 06 Mar 06

On the Olympus front I took my new acquisition on a test yesterday
Here are three shots taken from a park near my home
[URL=click here]
[I[URL=click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…