Android address book application

Pine Man 13:46 PM 26 Jan 12
Answered

I have a Samsung Galaxy Apollo.

I want to keep my 'contacts' saved to my SIM card but if I do the only information I can record is a name, phone number and email address. If I want my 'contacts' to include a full geographical address and other information I can only do this by saving it to my phone and not the SIM card.

The only answer appears to be by using some form of address book application but I can't find one.

Any ideas?

Woolwell 22:55 PM 26 Jan 12

Why do you want to save them to the sim card?

Pine Man 08:37 AM 27 Jan 12

I have always saved my contacts to the SIM card,mainly to facilitate changeover to a new phone, and it is, as far as I am aware, an easier way of removing private info from a phone by removing the SIM card.

I am certainly open to being convinced otherwise;-)

Woolwell 12:26 PM 27 Jan 12
Answer

You are right about removing data although a factory restore will also do it. With android phones I now sync contacts and calendar with Google and therefore find it easy to change as all of the details are immediately available "in the cloud" (I think I prefer online).

Woolwell 12:29 PM 27 Jan 12

To answer your original question have you searched for a PIM app, using PIM? There are ones out there that manage your contacts. However I cannot personally recommend one as I don't use them. round up of top android PIM

Pine Man 15:04 PM 27 Jan 12

Thanks for your interest and advice.

I have been doing a bit of research and realise that I am still living in the dark ages!

All of my contacts and their information are now NOT on my SIM card but in my phone. As you point out, and I have found elsewhere, there are so many different ways of moving that data about and removing it that you no longer need to use the SIM for it at all.

Thanks again.

Learning all the time!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…