Adobe Gamma missing from Photoshop Elements 5?

RogueBrit 12:28 10 Dec 07

Hello. Been a long term lurker - great info here thanks. Problem - just bought PSE5 (cheap now 6 is out). I expected, when I loaded it, to get Adobe Gamma loaded in to my Control Panel to do monitor calibration - but no sign. Checked in a bought manual and this also says it should be there. Using Vista Premier (PSE5 box says 'now Vista ready')on a Toshiba P200-123. Am I missing something please, in my head or in the app?

Many Thanks

hssutton 12:53 10 Dec 07

I wouldn't worry about it as it's virtually useless. download monitor control wizard click here and if you want your monitor to be "spot on" (well as good as possible using software)download Quick Gamma.

click here

RogueBrit 12:56 10 Dec 07

Very kind, thanks - off i go to try!

Roger

David4637 14:09 10 Dec 07

Just wondered which of the 2 s/w items you found easy/worked? Its a very complex subject. David

hssutton 19:12 10 Dec 07

David, If you're referring to the links I provided "Monitor Calibration Wizard" is the main one to use. This gives me an almost identical setting as my Spyder 2.

Quick Gamma is exactly that and helps you set whatever gamma you require,usually 2.2 or possibly 1.8 on a Mac.

Both are extremely easy to use.

RogueBrit 09:57 12 Dec 07

I have used the Monitor calibration wizard and it appears to work great - it is really very straightforward. I have downloaded Quick Gamma - thats easy - but have not tried it yet. But the site hssutton provided a link to (thank you again!) is superb. It is really a comprehensive and authoritative course in colour management. Take me some time to digest, and not sure i need to at this point.

Roger

David4637 13:04 12 Dec 07

Thanks for your reply(s) on the 2 S/W items. Its very useful to know that you found them to be good. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…