Adobe CS2

leadwellie 15:33 15 Apr 07

Hi.
I am running Adobe CS2 as my photo manipulation program. Could any other users of CS2 please tell me where in CS2 I can find the impressionist brush?
Many thanks.
Leadwellie

exdragon 16:53 15 Apr 07

The only mention of impressionist that I can find occurs when you select the Pattern Stamp tool (rather than the Clone Tool).

Impressionist is shown on the bar underneath the main menu bar, at the right hand side, after Opacity, Flow and Aligned.

Is this what you mean, or do I need to keep watching this thread to find out somehting new??

hssutton 18:30 15 Apr 07

Or do you mean the Art History brush click here

Kate B 01:56 16 Apr 07

Try under filters - there are various filters you can apply to an image to make it look like a painting; there may well be something that does pointillist or similar there.

Polygonal lass 10:14 16 Apr 07

Hi Leadwellie,

There is not an "impressionist" filter as such, in CS2.

The following lesson may be what you are looking for, if it is not, can you explain what you are looking to create - the effect is created with the Art History Brush.

click here

Polygonal Lass.

six-h 17:02 26 Apr 07

That's a nics site Polygonal lass, Do you know of others for humble users of Elements, pre version numbering.
I'm using software circa 2002-3, there is a link to the adobe tutorials, but 3rd party ones are always of interest, I didn't know there were such things!

Polygonal lass 12:24 28 Apr 07

Hi six-h, thank you.

I first "met" Photoshop in 2005 (a present from my husband), and don't know pre CS 1 - and haven't got Elements - sorry.

You can learn a lot from well written tutorials, and of course, books. Have you used a search engine to look for Photoshop Elements tutorials?, there must be a fair few out there.

Polygoanal Lass.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009