adding second LNB to foxsat PVR

Barnjoe 12:01 22 Apr 09

I installed a Foxsat PVR about a month ago with just one LNB (aerial). I have now added a second LNB and I stll cannot record more than one programme at a time. I have tried to retune with freesat tune but this doesn't help. Can anyone suggest how I might make the second aerial work?

DieSse 19:45 22 Apr 09

"I have now added a second LNB"

Really? - Or have you changed the LNB for one with two outputs?

Barnjoe 20:59 22 Apr 09

I have taken another lead from a Quad LNB.

wiz-king 16:10 24 Apr 09

Most machines that are dual tuner only allow you to record one - watch one, not record two. Look in the PVR's manual.

hwaqar786 16:43 24 Apr 09

add a dual LNB which you can find at 90 pounds

Stuartli 18:01 24 Apr 09

Doesn't seem to be your day so far...:-)

click here

Stuartli 18:04 24 Apr 09

The Humax FOXSAT PVR can be used to watch a programme and record another or record two separate programmes.

wiz-king 20:50 24 Apr 09

Oh well - I haven't heard of the machine, I am not on satellite. Just be down to reading the manual then!

Stuartli 14:58 25 Apr 09

Bit more simple than that (you'd have to have bought the machine to read the manual normally), just a question of checking the specifications(!):

click here

click here

Barnjoe 17:16 26 Apr 09

Many thanks for all the replies. For anyone else with the problem, the solution is to reset to factory settings when you will be ased for your password after entering which you will be able to reset with both aerials connected. you can then record two stations at the same time.

Stuartli 19:12 26 Apr 09

These Freesat FAQs may prove of use sometime:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009