4G within a new monthly tariff

Amanda Cheshire 16:36 07 Apr 16

My smartphone is due an upgrade. The Samsung Galaxy J5 seems to meet my needs but do I need a tariff that includes 4G (if I am signing up to a 24 month deal)? Talkmobile (current provider) offer a good package at £12.50 pm but no 4G and no idea when/how it would be introduced. Carphone Warehouse offer a similar package with Vodafone at £17 pm but includes 4G. Any advice as to what to go for given the contract lengths & TMs lack of knowledge as to how/when 4G would be available?

john bunyan 17:12 07 Apr 16

If you own the phone I would look at Giff gaff (O2 as carrier) you can get a rolling monthly contract at, say £10 pm for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 1 gig downloads with 4 G . The phone needs to be unlocked or linked to O2. No way would I sign a 24 month contract! Bought my used I phone 5s for £170.

Amanda Cheshire 17:17 07 Apr 16

Thanks John. Unfortunately I don't get coverage with O2 - just Vodafone/Talkmobile

Amanda Cheshire 17:31 07 Apr 16

Thanks for your response. Having chatted with someone else too, for now I probably do not need 4G speeds. Problem solved! Thank you.

wee eddie 20:35 07 Apr 16

There is one other point to bear in mind.

You may have signed a Contract for 4G, but there are vast areas of this country where it's not available

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now