4G within a new monthly tariff

Amanda Cheshire 16:36 07 Apr 16

My smartphone is due an upgrade. The Samsung Galaxy J5 seems to meet my needs but do I need a tariff that includes 4G (if I am signing up to a 24 month deal)? Talkmobile (current provider) offer a good package at £12.50 pm but no 4G and no idea when/how it would be introduced. Carphone Warehouse offer a similar package with Vodafone at £17 pm but includes 4G. Any advice as to what to go for given the contract lengths & TMs lack of knowledge as to how/when 4G would be available?

john bunyan 17:12 07 Apr 16

If you own the phone I would look at Giff gaff (O2 as carrier) you can get a rolling monthly contract at, say £10 pm for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 1 gig downloads with 4 G . The phone needs to be unlocked or linked to O2. No way would I sign a 24 month contract! Bought my used I phone 5s for £170.

Amanda Cheshire 17:17 07 Apr 16

Thanks John. Unfortunately I don't get coverage with O2 - just Vodafone/Talkmobile

Amanda Cheshire 17:31 07 Apr 16

Thanks for your response. Having chatted with someone else too, for now I probably do not need 4G speeds. Problem solved! Thank you.

wee eddie 20:35 07 Apr 16

There is one other point to bear in mind.

You may have signed a Contract for 4G, but there are vast areas of this country where it's not available

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac