40D will not conect to Laptop for down loading

Ex plorer 17:19 PM 14 Feb 11

Hi last post on this was on 23/01/11 and closed the thread.(Why won’t my D40 talk to my laptop?)
click here
/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=393313&forumid=21

I have been at this problem ever since and now at my wits end.

I want to use the camera not a card reader, reason I like Canons editing soft ware.

To give more details on what I see when I start EOS utility the only highlighted choice is
Monitor Folder the rest are grayed out.

Going to preference the the Start up Automatic is grayed out.

start up action is Execute.

I have hammered Google on this but still no success.

I have used a card reader and it opens up in elements 6 but I cant find a way of dealing with RAW photos in other words I cant get RAW photos in the editing program to convert jpeg.

Ex plorer 17:23 PM 14 Feb 11

click here

This is the link to my old thread.

NewestRoyWidd1 18:32 PM 16 Feb 11

Have you tried asking the questions in here?click here forums are usually better.

NewestRoyWidd1 18:37 PM 16 Feb 11

That should have read"dedicated camera forums are usually better for the answers you need."

hssutton 15:55 PM 18 Feb 11

It's far better to use a card reader less wear and tear on the cameras USB port.

You need to start DPP to open your raw files.

Start DPP and click the folder tab, from here you can select your card reader and download your raw files direct to DPP where you process your raw files.

hssutton 15:55 PM 18 Feb 11

It's far better to use a card reader less wear and tear on the cameras USB port.

You need to start DPP to open your raw files.

Start DPP and click the folder tab, from here you can select your card reader and download your raw files direct to DPP where you process your raw files.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites