150ish printer: focus on print quality?

blendit 16:48 21 Sep 06

hi, i recently moved to uni. leaving my 'canon i865'. I need a new printer for high quality photographic/graphic works... i was very pleased with the results from the 'i865' and want to get a new printer that has a focus on quality print finishes rather than functions that tend to push the price up.

a model i have considered partly due to liking my previous canon was the: canon pixma ip5300 - link: click here this seems to be a new model and i cannot find anything much about it..

basically, i was wondering if anyone has advice on what to go for, for upto 150ish squid- and if the ip5300 would be a good choice to opt for (i like the high print resolution it seems to offer as my interest is in the high quality of print as i have said)

thanks in advance, Ben

blendit 18:02 21 Sep 06

been looking at a few more models: so far i have a list of these:

canon pixma ip5300-(allready linked above)

canon pixma 6600d-
click here

epson r340-
click here
epson r800-
click here
(a bit more than i want to stretch to)

would be great if you could advise which you think might best suit me, is there anyone else with printer in this price range that knows of anything else i should consider? or have anything to say about the ones im considering?

pj123 11:36 23 Sep 06

I have 2 Epson Photo R220 printers.

Have printed good quality up to A4 size photo's using compatible ink and glossy paper.

Will also print direct to CD/DVDs (using printable media).

click here

Ink and Paper at good prices from

click here

terryf 08:42 24 Sep 06

I have a canon ip4200 (now superceded) very good quality but ink costs high, chipped cartridges and so far nobody makes compatible ones

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…