Zoostorm - Help / Advice

Janes_wright 08:01 19 Jul 07

hi,

first post,thanks for reading and hopefully posting back!For the record im not a wizz with pc's so please dont be too technical in response = D.

i need to get a laptop for uni, im mostly using it for playing games (i wont lie lol) and web surfing, with the odd essay thrown in for good measure!.

anyway id bin on whatpc forum and was suggested to buy a zoostorm laptop, but to be weary of the customer service (which is highlighted in this forum). In fairness the Zoostorm does look the dogs but i wanted to check somethings first with peoples help.

1) are the problems people have related to pcnextday or the zoostorm product itself? - im willing to risk shoddy service if im gunna get what is essentially a good working bit of kit.

2) what problems have ppl encountered with the Zoostorm.

3) given the shoddy nature around buying this brand/from pcnextday, can anyone suggest an alternative? Baring in mind my budget is tight and for £575 to get what is (from what ive looked up in a pc mag) VERY high end spec.

Heres a link to it online

click here

Many thanks!

spuds 12:12 19 Jul 07

Why consider a company that you have extreme doubts about?.

There are masses of computer companies and retailers out there, so you have a very wide range to select from. Some companies like Novatech, PC World sell computers by volume. Okay they have the odd complaint or two, but at least their aftercare can be first rate. Personally for a student, I would go for one of the PCW ranges. There's always a PCW store near to most universities and colleges, so help is on hand, 7 days a week with extended hours!.

Janes_wright 13:10 19 Jul 07

i looked on Novatech website at the laptops as suggested but most have a intel gma 950 which comes no where close comparred to the graphics card in the zoostorm at wat is practically the same price..

Janes_wright 13:19 19 Jul 07

looked on PCW aswell (though i already had before)and again many laptops on PCW that are around the price range of the zoostorm are no where close in terms of the graphics card.

Whiskey487 15:24 19 Jul 07

I ordered a Zoostorm computer 2 weeks ago, with 10 working day delivery. They took payment on the day of order yet by the date of delivery I hadn't heard a thing. When contacted they quoted 'extended delivery times' but were unable to quantify that. As I can't wait I asked to cancel my order and get a refund, which so far they've processed quickly. I'm now buying one from Novatech which is slightly more expensive but I ordered it last night and I should have it early next week.

Janes_wright 16:38 20 Jul 07

which novatech laptop did you get if i can ask?

does it match the zoostorm?

rdave13 20:22 21 Jul 07

It's up to you but the Zoostorms are good value for money. Bought a desktop 18 months ago and had no problems with delivery or the PC. If you're willing to take a gamble with bad customer service (as posted on this forum) then go for it.
If not then don't.....;)

dean29 21:49 07 Nov 11

i have a zoostorm netbook its say a disk read error occurred help please

spuds 12:55 08 Nov 11

dean29

If you want an answer to your problem, then you will need to open a new post in Helproom, and not use or try to re-open a 4 year old obsolete post, which the originator as no further interest.

I would also suggest that you provide the operating system you use, and if there was an actual error message, provide it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5