Zen Micro exchange

I bought a Creative Zen Micro from Dixons in April. Recently the power switch on it wore out making it very difficult to turn on/off so today I took it back to Dixons where I was given a new one to replace it.

My gripe is that the new set no longer includes a mains charger like my old one had (therefore I have to charge it through my computer's USB) and the USB cable that is included is about 30cm in length and only just reaches to the top of the computer tower unlike the previous one that easily reached onto my desk.

Do I have the right to be given a mains charger such as what I received when first purchased (and a longer USB cable would be better although I'm willing to put up with the new shorter one)?

All comments and ideas welcomed

Thank you

Forum Editor 23:10 22 Aug 05

the latest version of the Zen Micro doesn't come with a charger. Presumably you've been given one of these,and therefore you're not entitled to expect a charger - Dixons have fulfilled their obligation to you.

Getting longer USB cable is something you'll have to do yourself.

exdragon 09:08 23 Aug 05

I got mine about the same time and it did have a charger, if that's any help!

Thanks for the replies.

I went up yesterday and explained the situation and they were very helpful infact and found my old set I had given them the day before and gave me my original charger back. I didn't bother mentioning the USB cable - I felt that was being too pickey.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…