Your PC Support moved half way round the world???

Jester2K II 10:17 26 Nov 03

Dell Closes Overseas Call Centers

click here

larusso 10:26 26 Nov 03

Funnily enough Time have just part-outsourced their customer service to India to provide round the clock support.

I believe it has advantages for customers but also disadvantages for UK tech support staff and can potentially lead to a poorer quality of cs. However considering the current quality of cs in the UK PC industry can it really get any worse?

Sir Radfordin 10:38 26 Nov 03

The Register (click here) have said "The support move effects corporate purchasers of the Latitude notebooks and Optiplex desktops ranges, in the US only"

So thats nice!

scotty 10:45 26 Nov 03

Customer pressure or another example of American protectionism?

spuds 19:15 26 Nov 03

Nothing like getting advice from a yak in Outer Mongolia. (:-))

The Spires 20:41 26 Nov 03

America Online in the USA have moved their customer support to India much to the chagrin of a friend in Florida who works for America Online (Eeek) US. It’s not just here, happens in the Land Of The Free too.

canard 21:07 26 Nov 03

Had to phone Powergen and would swear my call went to India [english as taught there not as picked up here]. It got very efficient treatment once I'd tuned in. Although it's not so good for americans it's very good for a much poorer country.

Falkyrn 00:35 27 Nov 03

In the last 12 months business sources report that over 1,000,000 so called knowledge jobs have been "exported" from the states to India.

Costs are the major reasons cited as the Indian staff are highly educated,well motivated and work for (on average) 20 per cent of the salary an american would demand for the same post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…