Is your PC sending spam behind your back?

TOPCAT® 15:47 04 Dec 03

Missed this from yesterday, but it brings home the need to be equipped to combat it. click here

I respectfully suggest you get those firewalls up and running, and maybe consider disconnecting from your broadband service when not needed. TC.

961 16:50 04 Dec 03

click here will show you how to disable the bits of Windows XP that allow this to happen and then test your system to ensure it can't happen

TOPCAT® 20:17 04 Dec 03

Not using XP yet but thanks for the very useful link. TC.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:27 04 Dec 03

They would have to send the emails through an open port....I do not see how a firewall could block an open port. Reuters = quiet news day.

obbit 21:43 04 Dec 03

thats a very good site. been there and my pc passed all tests. i've also taken the security advice.

thanks 961 brill

canard 22:17 04 Dec 03

If the firewall is set at ask for connecting up IE and OE you'd know if this was happening- or would you?

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:10 05 Dec 03

No, it would be sent when you were connected to the net and would not try to connect on its own. As information is sent to the net all the time, when connected, you would never know what was happening.

Feck 10:48 05 Dec 03

I presume that you do not work for Reuters !

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:52 05 Dec 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…