You are not authorized to view this page

deminimis 21:10 01 Feb 05

I have Windows XP and SP2 with Norton System Works with Zone Alarms Professional. I am the only person using my computer and am therefore an administrator of the program.

On several pages such as PC Advisor and E-Bay I get the message "You are not authorized to view this page". Elsewhere on the page it states "You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied". Nevertheless, I can and do view the unauthorised pages although some of the graphics do not appear.

Can anyone explain, please?

de minimis

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:35 01 Feb 05

Are you going here?

click here

you have to use click here

im not sure about ebay though.

deminimis 22:02 01 Feb 05

To Big Ben Strikes 10 again.

Thanks for the reply. The problem seems to be with Zone Alarm Pro. I've just discovered that when I disable it the problem disappears. Also, of course does the firewall protection!

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 22:54 01 Feb 05

Ive never really used zone alarm,there must be a control there anything like 'trusted sites' or something similiar?

961 09:16 02 Feb 05

The security and privacy settings for Zone Alarm will produce this result, blocking ads which collect information on your internet activity

freaky 11:19 02 Feb 05

I had many similar problems with Zone Alarm Pro, so much so that I eventually replaced it with Norton Firewall.

Since then the problems have ceased!

961 14:17 02 Feb 05

I don't regard it as a problem

The software is doing what it is designed to do

Protect the computer and the information you have on it

If you wish you can alter the settings to allow the ads

No problem

deminimis 15:59 04 Feb 05

Thanks, everybody. The problem is Zone Alarm Pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…