XP Pro & Office XP

Gorillaz 15:09 24 Jul 03

Upgrading to XP Pro and Office XP std, looking for the normal bargain, any suggestions on super- dooper offers?

Yes - Wait!!!

In November Microsoft will be releasing Office 2003, then "Next" office suite. Wait till then and pick up Office XP cheaper as the price comes down. You could always try out Office 2003 Beta which I have at the moment but it is so good you will end up forking out the full wack for it when it is released!

As to xp, noting doing unless you are a student or have kids at school/college then you can get the Windows XP Professional edition for only £58.00 Incl VAT & Del!!

Djohn 15:37 24 Jul 03

If you qualify for "Educational use" then Insight are selling XP Pro. for, £48.00 click here Regards. j.

Gorillaz 15:47 24 Jul 03

Thanks for the posting, have 2 kids in full time education so I already use the students version of Office XP. I have been having major problems with it and came to the conclusion that there was something in the coding that prevented you using the software for any type of business activity?
This is the only erason I am thinking of upgrading to the full version.
I have Windows XP home and I am upgarding to pro beacsue of the benefits when I go broadband and install a small network.

Gorillaz 15:48 24 Jul 03

Just noticed my crap spelling sorry everyone.

Djohn 15:57 24 Jul 03

No, there is no coding in the software, it's exactly the same. If you are having problems with Office it will be something else causing it. j.

Steric 17:31 24 Jul 03

I can second that, I have bought three educational copies of Office and Windows 2000 over the years. I've never had any problems with any of them. It is worth doing a college or university course to get the educational deals.

Agree with the others - the software is exactly the same whether student or otherwise. (How else would Law students or those studying another "Business" degree cope??)

You will probably find that if you get the win xp and do a complete format and clean install your problems will dissapear and you can then wait for the 2003 version!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…