XP home vs XP Prof

Noldi 16:16 23 Sep 05

I am in the process of purchasing a laptop for my Son but he is asking to have XP professional. The reason being that language change is possible. Has anybody used both and is it that much better plus what is the advantages.

All input would be gratefully received.

SANAP 16:41 23 Sep 05

The best way is for u to read this link. I use pro on the premis that MS will sell more and therefore make it more robust. I know as well that pro ahs better security. I would think language change is possible

click here

Stuartli 18:02 23 Sep 05

XP Pro is more business orientated and therefore is superior for networking etc.

Regional and Language Options come under that title in Control Panel.

The link you posted is the same (or one of three in fact) that I posted a day or two ago with regard to a similar question and covers the subject quite comprehensivesly, along with the Microsoft equivalent.

SANAP 18:07 23 Sep 05

I'd say this question has been asked a lot. I am thinking of getting a laptop as well and came here to look at reviews saw the q and as I had just been looking at home and pro thought I would leap in and be helpful. I did not look down the posts. Lets hope we helped him.

Noldi 18:53 24 Sep 05

Thank you for that

I use XP at home and 2000 for work and XP home does all I require. I see now the network advantage for home and school but the extra price I expected a bit of wizardry in there some where.

I will keep this open for a few more days but the order has been placed so no going back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…