XP Drivers for Ethernet Card

ennyoueffsea 21:14 01 Jul 03

Hi all,
Am in the process of installing network cards into two pc's in order to link them together to share a connection. Installed first card in my pc, which is to be the host, which is running Windows Me. This went like a dream, hardware recognised, cd inserted and drivers installed within seconds. Just as I was thinking "this is dead easy" things then went off a bit. I installed the second card into girlfriend's pc, which is running Windows XP Pro. New hardware was discovered, but I can't for the life of me, get the drivers installed on the XP system. Keeps coming up unable to find drivers. Have even visited the network card manufacturers website and downloaded later drivers for XP, but still not finding them. Can anybody please shed some light on this. Is it me??? lol

Terry

Steven135 22:41 01 Jul 03

Have you tried the option to load driver from specific location then browse to the cd and point at the driver folder? Or at the driver you have downloaded (if this is a zip file you will need to unzip to an appropriately named folder).

ennyoueffsea 23:18 01 Jul 03

Hi Steven,
Many thanks for your quick reply. Have tried each of those points already and still no joy. Perhaps she should get rid of XP and go back to Me. lol

Terry

Terrahawk 06:02 02 Jul 03

if the driver is .exe file double click it and let it run

joe1234738 18:12 06 Jul 03

I would assume that something is wrong wit NIC. I would recommend you to swap NIC from one system to another and that will tell you do you have problem with network card or is it software problem. Anyway if you end up buying new card they are not that expensive.

ennyoueffsea 02:04 07 Jul 03

Thanks Joe,

Will try that, though to be honest, am now suspecting girlfriend's pc may already have an ethernet adapter combined on the board, despite the guy who built it saying otherwise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…