XP crashing -RPC service termination on Evesham PC

ZootHornRollo 09:35 12 Feb 04

I had to reinstall XP yesterday as my system was running incredibly slowly and Evesham advised that this was (after trying a few other options that didn't work) the only course of action available.
So I reloaded XP and all my hardware and everything was as it should be except that within two mins of accessing the net via my Broadband connection a message appeared saying the system was closing down in one minute. The message stated that the shutdown was initiated by "NT AUTHORITY \ SYSTEM" and went on to say that windows had to "restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly". This happened everytime within a few mins of accessing the net but when not connected the PC was fine.
What is this problem and how do I fix it? Evesham helpline is permanently engaged so if anyone can help I'd really appreaciate it

ZootHornRollo 09:41 12 Feb 04

wrong room - should've posted to help romm instead so please ignore this thread

kenny 21:44 13 Feb 04

you have the blaster worm. to fix it you need a patch fir windows and a fix. both of which can be got from symantecs website. make sure you install the windows patch first

Gaz 25 02:00 14 Feb 04

click here - A removal tool is provided for this virus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…