xbox 360 or pc

gary46 19:13 19 Nov 06

been looking at buying a new pc to be used mainly for gaming (intel duo 6600 2gig ram nvidea 256mb 7950gt graphics card).been advised that i would be better of buying a xbox 360 as graphics are far superior to a pc.its not worth upgrading my current pc as it is a very old machine. any comments?many thanks

Mr Mistoffelees 19:32 19 Nov 06

I would go with the PC. A 7950GT is more than capable of producing high quality graphics.

SB23 19:56 19 Nov 06

In your position I'm afraid it would be a money decision for me.
I have always found the graphics on consoles very good, and my Xbox is fantastic. But, with some of the cards that are about now for pc's, and machines that are far more capable at displaying the latest games than my own pc, for me it would definately be a money question

citadel 22:43 19 Nov 06

there are some games that will not be on consoles plus dx10 cards are out now.

wolfie3000 01:59 20 Nov 06

Go the pc route as you can put add ons, mods and other pownloads onto a pc game but you cant on a console also i find using a keyboard and mouse instead of a controller better.

Also there are many more options when playing online with a pc.

keef66 14:58 20 Nov 06

If you already have an HD TV then the Xbox is the cheapest way to go. If you have to buy both the console and an HD TV, you're approaching the price of a reasonable gaming pc.

Xbox is simpler; no messing with graphics drivers, game patches etc, Xbox live is pretty cool. More limited selection of more expensive games though.

PC is more versatile, much wider selection of cheaper games, tons of downloadable mods, add-ons etc, online gaming doesn't cost extra once you have broadband. KB / mouse much better for some types of game.

I'd go the pc route personally just cos I like fiddling with stuff, and probably end up spending a shedload of money too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac