xbox 360

jonny_doe 19:45 03 May 09

bought my son a xbox 360 2 yrs ago.
6months ago he got the ring of death.sent it off to germany they replaced the xbox.
all was well till the other day when the telly screen went fuzzy.after about 2 days no picture at all tried a different av cable but still the same.
what id like to no is there any chance of microsoft mending or replacing the faulty xbox .
thankyou

dagnammit 20:01 03 May 09

Nope, only thing they'll fix for free is rrod.

You'd be better picking up a brand new core machine.

You'd be even better to move to PS3 :)

carver 09:14 04 May 09

If they replaced it with a brand new 360 then you should have a warranty with it that is a minimum of 12 months for failure,(rrd is now for three years) try them, you could have a case.

jonny_doe 12:53 04 May 09

found a letter from microsoft saying we have replaced your xbox console with a replacement unit.
but it doesnt say if it was a new unit or reconditioned.ive emailed microsoft and am awaiting a reply

keef66 16:37 06 May 09

look underneath for the label with the date of manufacture. Our replacement box was clearly a brand new one.

As I understand it the 3 year warranty is for any kind of failure; they had to offer it to stop people buying PS3s instead.

Ring them, it's faster than email.

Woolwell 18:03 06 May 09

My son's XBOX 360 developed a disc fault outside of the 12 months. He used TeamK click here and they fixed the problem. As we live in the South West they provided free collection and delivery. It may be worthwhile contacting them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…