X-Fi Xtreme Music card oEM

Giggsy252 21:40 19 Oct 07

Hi i purchased this sound card recently, however it dosent work when I install the creative software?

The sound goes, it like as Windows do sent recognizes the sound card when optional software is installed.

Thanks any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

realist 22:08 19 Oct 07

Check you have the latest driver/software package
click here

Giggsy252 09:43 20 Oct 07

The CD supplied seems to be the latest version! the drivers on the site are dated back to 2006. But the CD is 2007.

juts installed the software from CD and now when i try to play a music file, windows prompts me that their is no audio device to initiate playback!

help?

Giggsy252 09:47 20 Oct 07

when i go to sound and audio device, is says no audio device detected, but yet when i go to hardware it says the work Sound card is working properly!

So obviously the creative software i installed is causing conflict as it works without it installed!

the cd supplied say its for Windows XP, but i Run windows media center edition, could this be the problem?

Yet when i go to the link above for drivers for MCE 2005, the only drivers they have is add ons and plug in, not the actual creative software

PS i want to install the software so I can change the equalizer settings and play around with sound settings etc.

The Muir 11:11 20 Oct 07

Have you disabled the on board sound?

Tom

gardener 11:53 20 Oct 07

I also have an X-fi OEM.I found that the driver needeed was for X-fi xtreme audio.
Link to latest driver:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…