www.ebuyer.com query?

CurlyWhirly 22:36 20 Jan 05

I have read about click here and I was wondering if they are a reputable firm as I have NEVER used them before?
Their prices look pretty competitive so I am about to place an order but thought that I would check first as I no longer have a credit card as I paid them off, and now ONLY use my trusty debit card!

HXP 22:50 20 Jan 05

I have ordered from them and they are very good buy with confidence

CurlyWhirly 22:53 20 Jan 05

Thanks for that vote of confidence!
I only asked as I won't have the protection offered credit cards having paid them all off and trying to stay 'on the straight and narrow' now regarding debt! lol

Lead 07:48 21 Jan 05

Ebuyer - when they are good they are good. When they are bad, they are very bad.

They are one of the cheapest places around and I use them frequently. However, when things go wrong it can be a long painful process to get matters resolved.

I envy you paying off your credit cards; however, I would still use them as, like you say, they offer extra, much needed protection. Just make sure you pay them off at the end of the month!

Bleep 13:23 21 Jan 05

Have always used ebuyer, had one problem a dead motherboard on arrival resolved within 10days thanks to their enote and RMA facilities.

Totally-braindead 15:58 21 Jan 05

Sorry to say I'll never use them again, too long winded a story, lets just say you get what you pay for and there are lots of other firms out there that have similar or the same prices, I deal with them now.

I've used them myself a few times and never had a problem.

My father purchased a monitor on the run up to Christmas from them, but when it didn't arrive more than week after it's given delivery date, he cancelled the order which they willingly did (but the only e-note that they responded to).

Like others say, in the majority of cases when things go fine, they're great, but when there is a problem, they have no telephone number to contact them on so you have to rely on the slow e-note system.

I ordered a Radeon 9800 pro off them last Thursday. On the weekend though, I decided that I wanted a 6600GT instead as it was significantly better and a similar price, so I used their change item tool and successfully changed the order to the 6600GT rather than the 9800 pro with ease.

They said it would arrive on the Thursday now, as I had changed it, and it did as promised.

LeadingMNMs 18:08 21 Jan 05

I've order no end of stuff from eBuyer without problems, though I've been lucky enough to never have any problems with goods.

CurlyWhirly 19:16 21 Jan 05

Mmm... A mixed bag of opinions but there are MORE good comments than bad, so I will take the plunge and go ahead with my order!
Thanks to all who replied!

Forum Editor 19:35 21 Jan 05

but for what it's worth I use no other online retailer. Ebuyer have never once let me down, everything I've ever ordered (and I've ordered plenty) has arrived in good condition and at the right price - you can't really ask for more than that.

That's a personal experience of course, as are all the others, and naturally opinions will vary. In the end it's for you to make your own judgement - which you seem to have done. I hope all goes well.

Aristocatman 21:06 21 Jan 05

Good service & good prices no complaints

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…