The wrong HDD

Magik ®© 16:11 22 Sep 04

HI, I wanted a new HDD for a Dell laptop, so emailed Seagate to ask if they do one which will fit,,,oh yes, was the answer, model No ST94811A, so ordered it from "mirco direct" could not get it to work..it was the put it in, take it out, and all that....anyway..after a few hours messing about, checked it with the one i had taken out..and the darn thing is about half an inch shorter, so none of the pins will reach...
have emailed Seagate....what are my chances of a result?

thanks

Dorsai 20:55 22 Sep 04

Perhaps hard, as you asked one company what to get, and then got it elsewhere. The bods who sold it to you can claim 'you got what you asked for, not our fault it is not what you wanted.'

But the distance selling regs should allow you to send it back and get a refund..Over to others to go into the gory legal details.

I suggest you put it in writing ASAP that you dont want the HDD, and post it tomorrow. I assume you only got it recently...if too long ago, you might be out of luck.

Diemmess 22:08 22 Sep 04

I bought a replacement CD drive from Novatech on their say so that it would replace the one in an laptop which they had originally sold.

Unfortunately it was only on receiving the replacement that I asked how to fit the thing. Their tech support said that though they had built it originally they would have to send the whole thing away because the drive was "the last thing out of the chassis."

I asked to return it even though it was as ordered. The response was that "since I had bought it unseen" they would do this.
To their very real credit they made me a full refund.

Magik ®© 22:27 22 Sep 04

thanks all, in this case, Seagate do not sell drives direct to users....just had an email from them saying, according to their lists it should fit, and could i not push it one way or the other to get it in, :-( just going to write back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…