Would you recommend Fujitsu Laptop

bradwell boy 16:34 26 Apr 05

My old desktop system is past it best. Decided to replace it with a laptop (space saving).
I have seen a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A1630 34 in Comet. It runs an AMD 64 2.4Ghz, 80GB HDD, DVDRW, 128Mb ATI Radeon Graphins 15.4" WXGA screen for £849.
Whilst searching I found what seems to be an identical model (Amilo M1425) but running a PentiumM 1.7Ghz (Centrino) from Laptop Direct for £829, also slightly lighter in weight.

Are Fujitsu good laptops. If I go for one of the above is one better than the other? Wireless may be useful, but not a selling point at the moment.

preston 20:47 30 Apr 05

I have a 2yr old fujitsu Amilo D laptop after 11 months my combo dvd cdrw drive played up it was fixed under warranty within a week. since then not a problem. the only problem comes with software, so all in all a great machine.

Great products my Fujitsu laptop is over 3 years old now and still going great.

snooker 21:31 01 May 05

fujitsu laptop

I have a 2 to 3yr old Fujitsu Amilo D laptop After a few months the motherboard had to be replaced under warranty. It was done quickly and without any fuss. Since then ok.
Not a bad machine. The sound quality not too impressive but I understand this is common with laptops. It cost £1200 when new but I think you would not need to spend this much for an equivalent laptop now.

wjrt 21:41 01 May 05

click here;jsessionid=15421a0d2ec8abd/shopdata/index.shopscript

updated model faster CPU double memory better for video and double size HDD only £100 more
Amilo A 1630D

wjrt 21:44 01 May 05

cant seem to get this one right

search on Google for Fujitsu Amilo A 1630D
or sometimes 1630 37

should come up with shop Fujitsu Siemens look there

Forum Editor 00:54 02 May 05

I bought a Fujitsu-Siemens laptop for an overseas client who is visiting London next week. He asked me to get him a machine that he could leave here for use when he makes his UK visits, and a quick trip to PC World produced the apparently perfect machine at the right price.

I've been playing around with this computer today, and so far I'm impressed - build quality and performance (Pentium 4 processor) are excellent.

lignum vitae 07:28 02 May 05

have a look at buyit247.net in the grade 2 section.I bought one and have been delighted with it.

yoghurt 23:46 02 May 05

Is it true that Fujitsu do not give instruction manuals, just instruction discs?

If this is true, wouldn't discs make it difficult for a beginner to learn how to operate a machine?

Perhaps discs only applies to second hand machines?

Brian-336451 13:09 03 May 05

My wife's laptop Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro is about a year old and has a decent paper manual which would easily get a layperson started.

It's not unreasonable to stick expanded manuals on CD in my view - it's got that as well.

All in all it's a good machine, on a personal basis, I wish I'd bought her a better resolution screen like my AJP (Asus) which is 1400/1050.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…