//some 3rd party need geo

would like advice for buying new laptop

theresnogoodnamesleft 23:03 07 Aug 04

im looking for a new laptop system in time for moving up to uni to replace my old desktop
(for 2 reasons:1- i built my desktop a couple of years ago and its half dead now, and 2- space saved at uni flat, whilst moving up there, and at home too as my mum has her own desktop now and theres nowhere else to put another desktop)

the kind i was looking for is: something that will cope with most new games(and champ/football manager), keep lots of music on it, uni projects presentations, maybe have a dvd-r, and have a good warranty cover and be reliable

itll be mostly plugged in at mains, so battery life isnt the most important thing and i reckon i'll have in the region of £1000 to spend when i finish my summer job

tiny.com seemed to have good deals, but suspect warranty/reliabilty so im not too sure about them - also pc advisor magazine has worldbench4(?) scores in their reviews but i have no idea what this is

anyway, thanks for any help offered

ste_bla 00:43 08 Aug 04

try this click here

acer laptop 2.8ghz, 512mb ram, radeon 9000 gfx, 40gb, £905

they offer good warranties however it is well worth the money if you bought the extended 3yr option for £90

£995

Also if you have a hell lot of music possibly not get extend warr & get a usb external disc

flubberjack 10:42 08 Aug 04

Hi there, url=click here - This may suit your needs. You can customise it your needs aswell and it comes with a 3year next business day warranty by default when you customise it.

click here - This should also meet your needs and it includes a powerful Athlon 64 processor which offers a certain amount of future-proofness to your notebook. A good three year warranty is on this notebook too.

Good luck in your search.

smoothcue 11:18 08 Aug 04

Some very good laptops click here they have a range that include Radeon 9700 pro cards,they will run any game you like.Round about the £1000 mark.

BIG ben strikes 10 22:47 09 Aug 04

for £20 you can get a laptop decent one! click here i dunno if it is any good?.ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…