World of Warcraft O_o

ScenicSam 23:13 21 Aug 10

I am currently under a strict budget and moving to a university dorm. I'm looking for a laptop that wouldn't be too painful if stolen (obviously I'm not hoping for this to happen, but of course there's an increased chance).

Anyway, said laptop will be mainly used for simple word processing ect. Occasionally however it will be used to play games such as WoW and CSS during free time.

My price range to keep the chances of theft down is currently around £400-£500. Low I know, I am a student after all =] I am happy with running WoW at average settings. A smooth framerate at low-mid settings would be sufficient.

If anyone can point me in the right dirrection I would much appreciate it =]

Regards,

Sam.

mr simon 01:56 22 Aug 10

As far as a laptop goes I can't give you much advice, but, having been to uni, make sure that you read the small print in your contents insurance, as well as your home insurance where you currently are (my home insurance covered a stolen bike while at uni). Also, invest in a Kensington lock or an alarm for it.

The Kestrel 09:47 22 Aug 10

Here are some examples, within your price range, that have the new intel i3 core processors and should fit the bill:

click here

click here

click here

click here

The Kestrel 09:51 22 Aug 10

I should have added that with your price range you are unlikely to find a laptop with a separate graphics card. You will therefore have to accept integrated graphics, unless anyone else knows otherwise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…